Thursday, December 6, 2007

Hanging Out in the Park

Monday, 12/3, after making it in to REMAX and back for our company tree-decorating day, Dominic and I decided to take the stroller to the park to finally say hello to the cluster of a dozen or so nannies that gather at lunchtime with a gaggle of kids at the park about 100 yards from our house. The red circle is our house and the red X in the park (when viewed this small looks more like a red blob) is the nanny hangout spot.


We walked near the cluster of nannies and I spread out a blanket on the grass. Some of the nannies looked my way but didn't say hello. Then I took Dominic out of the stroller and put him on the blanket and right away many of the nannies smiled and seemed to warm up a bit. One of them asked me how old he was, and when I said "diez semanas hoy" (ten weeks today), they decided maybe I wasn't so bad after all. Of course, that brought on a flurry of rapid Spanish, which I am not fluent enough to follow at native speed. I learned a couple of names and look forward to seeing them again (and practicing some more Spanish) in the days ahead.

Dominic enjoyed touching grass for the first time.
Here is a picture of Dominic and me on the blanket, and another one of Dominic's view from his vantage point on the blanket. Doesn't he look handsome in his collared shirt (from the tree-decorating party)? Don't I look like I need a little more sleep? Haha.

No comments: