Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Welcome!

Welcome!

Ok. Welcome anyone and everyone to my first blog. My name is Maggie and this blog is all about life in the Ureno family with our new son, Dominic Edward. Dominic (a.k.a. Cupcake, Big D, Baby D, Mr. Man, Precious Angel, Mr. Grunts [sung to the Grinch theme song], and a myriad of other names he will not likely allow us to continue past his 4th birthday) arrived on September 24, 2007, at 10:24pm (9/24 at 10:24... coincidence?), which makes him 7 weeks and 2 days old today (if we are counting today as Wednesday, November 14.. which it is.. except that it is only 1:26am right now which means my body still considers that it is "Tuesday night".

I figured that the best time to make blog entries will be during these middle-of-the-night feedings. Then when Dominic figures out that nighttime is for sleeping, I'll have to figure out some other plan for making entries.. most likely during daytime feedings since typing on the computer is one of the only productive things I can do while feeding him (thanks to this handy computer desk my parents presented me with that has the perfect shape to snuggle up to the round nursing pillow thingie). Ok, if Eddie was reading over my shoulder I think he would say that feeding our son is pretty productive. What I meant was that computer typing is the only other productive thing I can do while engaged in the productive activity of feeding the Angel from Heaven.

Ok now he is done eating for the moment so I'd better go for now because, while it is tempting to sit here and try to type 7 weeks of catch up info, I know I most likely have 2-4 hours of sleep time starting when he stops, so I have to go for it when I can! So I will make another post later... maybe as late as 5:30am! Wow that would be great! (Incidentally, the longest he has gone without eating so far is 6 hours and 11 minutes. Ok that's the last thing I'm saying and now time for sleeping!)

Thank you so much for stopping by and I hope you enjoy the adventures of Discovering Dominic with Eddie and me.

1 comment:

marykeu said...

I'm not sure if my last comment went through or not. I'm new at this. But that was so cute you guys. I loved the coo(ing) video. I need my Dominic fix, so I will see you tomorrow. Love you Dominic

Love your NeNe