Monday, July 28, 2008

My Pregnancy Prayers

When I first found out I was pregnant, and frankly even before, I prayed for a healthy baby.

After the first trimester non-invasive tests all came out showing a very low probability for health issues, I then decided maybe to make one more request and humbly ask God to give the baby a sweet personality.

At probably about the halfway point, as I was chowing down on lots of Omega-3-rich salmon for baby brainpower, I started throwing in a request for the baby to be smart.

There was a point when I even secretly prayed for a little boy, although I would have been really happy if I got a healthy, sweet, smart little girl, too!


But never, not once, did I pray for CUTE. That just seemed like too much to ask.
But we got cute anyway. Thanks for the bonus, God!

No comments: