Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Uh Oh... Here we go!

Today (7/7), I went to visit Chuck & Lynne Stoner during the hour and a half that would normally have been Dominic's 2nd nap: 3:30 - 5pm.  Dominic was getting really tired, and he fell asleep instantly on the 3 minute drive back from our visit.  

But once we got home, and I tried to move Dominic to his crib to finish his nap, he woke up.  Nevertheless, I laid him in the crib hoping he would get just a little rest before we hit the home stretch, those last exhausting activities of the day that prompt the deep all-night sleep Dominic has been enjoying since he was 3 months old.

No such luck.  I watched Dominic on the monitor twist and writhe and kick and squirm.  I watched him turn on his mobile and then turn on his little Einstein Duck.  I listened to him whine and complain, hoping he would eventually realize he should be sleeping.  

I got on a business phone call, and during the call, I noticed Dominic's monitor became suddenly quiet.  I pushed the video button on top of the monitor expecting to see him finally still and sleeping.  Oh, he was still alright, but not sleeping!  Nope, instead he had pulled himself into a kneeling position along the foot of the crib. Gasp!

Trying not to let on to the customer on the phone, I sprinted up the stairs 3 at a time.  I threw open the door to find not only had he been on his knees, but he was now fully standing up.  For a microsecond, I considered running for the camera.  But I thought better of it realizing that I could never forgive myself if he toppled over the foot of the crib onto the floor and hurt himself while I was focusing on documentation.  

So here are some milestone dates that I should've been blogging about:
  nine months
7/7 - stands up on his own
7/6 - 4th tooth (first upper)
7/1 - first voluntary wave "bye bye"
  eight months
6/21 - 3rd tooth (his lower left)
5/31 - first official crawl
  six months
4/19 - 2nd tooth
4/9 - 1st tooth
  five months
3/22 - 1st solid food (banana)
3/20 - 1st belly laugh
3/10 - rolls over

1 comment:

Bianka said...

He sure is cute! Isn't it the best feeling making the babies laugh? And by doing the most mundane things too, sometimes!

We'll see you back in California this weekend!!!!!